View Single Post
Old 04-11-2004, 12:58 AM   #45
Bluegoose972

I'm not really sure what they were trying to accomplish with the foam. One both the passenger and drivers side, there was a large area that had been rusted out near where the floor plan meets the rocker panel. They riveted light guage steel panels in postion along the rocker panel inside since the inside metal was completely gone. Then they filled the entire rocker box full of spray foam. Either it was an attempt to keep moisture out or to help out with the rigidity of the fiberglass repair.

Actually, the fiberglass repair was holding up fairly well. There was a little flex in the floor pan, but not much more than with steel. But I just couldn't leave that area alone without attempting to fix it. This truck will not be a show quality truck by any means, but I want to know that I have a sound floor for mounting the seats.

Thanks for all the support guys. Can't wait to show off the final product of all this work. BLAZIN has been a huge inspiration to me. But I can't seem to talk my wife into coming out and getting dirty in the garage. I just don't get it!
Bluegoose972 is offline   Reply With Quote