View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #2843
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

[quote author="@grumpynorthener" source="/post/2333948/thread" timestamp="1499413838"]You know what Rian - you sum up quite a lump of the folks on these forums, by being for want of better expression a 'petrolhead' but you are also very decent bloke, obviously hard working, honest, caring and generous with your time - we all do our bit for the forums by writing our blogs / threads and encouraging / entertaining other fellow forum members - you also obviously have a sense of humour and as being proved today are very determined - more importantly you very much have 'SOUL' man - in fact I might has well big you up all the way and call you bit of a 'legend' and because you are now upping you game and going 'TUTU' I am going to up my game and double my original donation so there is another £30 sat in your paypal account from me.

Have a great ride and we all look forward to your report once you have recovered from your feat- Chris
[/quote]

Hi Chris, and all the other forum members from around the world on the various forums I contribute to ( There are 9 forums daily)

Thank you very much for your comments, they are much appreciated and I am again humbled if perceived that way, and even more so for the extra/double donation you added to what is a worth charity. The TuTu did not get caught in the spokes, thankfully.
It is one where the work is evident in the lives they touch every day.
Unlike some charities with big names, support and yet more scandal and less action for their causes.

I always tend to just do what I feel is "right" and to be honest, Karma is a strict mistress to keep satisfied, but she pays back double your money every time.

Life is after all more good than bad.

And a Facebook quote that may resonate with some.

Back to the business at hand.

The Try-Athlon

I had an academic meeting to present to on Thursday afternoon and by 2.30pm that was done, so I hit the road from Woolwich as I had packed my car on Wednesday evening so that I did not need to drive an hour home and then pack and leave.

As expected, traffic was rubbish and at times stop start, so the 150 miles took me almost 3.5 hrs to do, getting to Grantham just before 6.00pm
It was hot, the hotel cheap and no air conditioning. So after unpacking, I went off to meet my boss and colleagues at their hotel, a beer later we went out for an Italian dinner, paid for by the boss (thankful for that) and at my hotel by 11.00pm and bed by midnight..... it was hot, so sleep was a bit patchy.

In the mean time, more donations came in overnight and as mentioned by Chris above, also Adrian Lee (make yourself known)
And my old riding friend from Cape Town and Bromley, Kent, Peter, known globally as Goose. We have done some good miles together in Africa and Europe on our bikes and he introduced me to Bike to Bike Comms, which changes long distance riding totally. Thanks Boet.

Robin Williams made an appearance too.

Thank you.

Adrian Long, with a working Chevy C10 truck....... thank you.

More generous donations and more doubling up for the TuTu challenge, thanks Mr Lowery, Mr Zog (Gary) and Dean Smith in Kent.... you guys rock !!

Another more than doubling effort for the TuTu challenge from Craig, thank you very much, that is again generous of you mate.

A deposit into my bank account by Miaspa, thank you for the support mate, I am certain a kids life will be made just that much better, through your donation.

And my very good friend Steve "Bib Overalls" in Jonesboro, Arkansas...... Last year you blew my mind with the visit to George Poteets Car Farm, and then meeting Elvis' Harley Davidson mechanic, Paul, later the same day on my road trip......
Massive thank you for the support, on behalf of the kids.

This was not a long or difficult road, but certainly one where every one of you showed your mettle and standing by me in a charity drive that I believe will make a difference in lives beyond where we are.

Thank you all, you did it !!

At my last count the numbers collected by "The Forum Members" globally, was £1070.00 and pennies......

This could be more, or possibly less, but I know there were some anonymous contributions that I cannot add in.

You have all blown me away with both generosity and also the fact that from the first £200.00 we just kept on going.

The road we all walked together the last three weeks, I also cycled some of it.

The real photo update will be along a bit later, it's 5.00 pm now and I need to start a fire to sacrifice some spicy chicken wings and lamb chops. Katy's request.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote