View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 01:32 AM   #2846
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Post race update no 2

Friday morning I was at the venue by 10.00am to help set up out Regional team table and helping where I could.

Our regional team..... minus a few, off sick etc.

Team London

It was not long before the swimmers were set off at 12.30 for a lap around the castle lake.

Then cyclists took off in a tag team type of launch.

My swimmer, Richard did his lap, then set me off, waiting patiently in my Latex, TuTu and Cammo shorts, topped by a team T-Shirt. (TuTu supplied by colleague Francesca)

The team thought I was mad, going out in the TuTu but all were very pleased for the extra funds it brought to the teams honour.

Thanks to those who felt it right to add some more cash for me to dress silly.

I took off with the bike, we had to push or run them out of the site for about 400 meters as the road was too rough.

I cannot understand what the whole health and safety thing is about...... if a war presented, would it be stopped till the H&S assessment was completed?

I forgot to start my own timer, so was actually on the road a bit longer and further than the tracker shows.

The route was reasonably challenging and there was a brutal hill that took me about 8 minutes to walk up it, pushing the bike.

Then back on and pedal as hard as I could.

Total route.......

21.3km which is a bit further actually. Done in 1hr 16 minutes.

Further break down

Back in the festival grounds I was happy to be done, parked up my bike, grabbed a drink and bought two pieces of drizzle cake from my team cake sale table..yes, having my cake and eating it.

LASTLY.....

I WANT TO DEDICATE THIS MEDAL TO THE INTERNET FORUMS AND MEMBERS (Simple as it is) AS A TOKEN OF THE TEAM EFFORT THAT WENT INTO THIS FUND RAISER.

YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE, AND I THANK YOU EACH AND EVERY ONE.

LIFE IS GOOD.

LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY.

LETS HEAR YOUR COMMENTS.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote