View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
CSHADES

1940 windshield gasket

I know we have batted this topic around a few times but for some reason I can not find the answer to it. On Friday afternoon it decided to rain fairly hard while I was at work, needless to say I had my truck here and when I got in I had major amounts of water collected in the bottom trough of my new dash. I turned the corner and the water came rolling out on my floor. So my question to you guys is --- who makes a good fitting windshield gasket for 39-46 trucks? the one I have in there now I cant remember where it came from but it really never fit very well and has always leaked. I also think the center of the windshield doesn't fit as tight to the body as it should, I don't think I will be able to do much about that other than replacement of the frame. I think after being together for 20 years the bars that slide into the frame are probably not going to come back out to bend them a little straighter. I have been thinking about installing a chrome frame anyways, but I still want to find a good gasket before I do anything.
CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote