View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 05:39 PM   #12
abig84

Re: How did your love of the Square Body start

friend of mine gave me this old truck. took this picture before i drove it home sometime in 1999

replaced a few rod bearings and rebuilt the front end and bought some 38 inch tires and had a blast. this thing pretty much went offroad weekly. never really broke and never left me stranded... though i did get stuck plenty of times

eventually i had to get rid of it after about 4 years due the body being so rotted and tweeked it just became unsafe. so got a 82 suburban next, then another 85k5 and now my current truck is a 86 k30 i had for about 7-8 years, this one also have never left me stranded.

they have always just been simple reliable vehicles for me

and growing up all my friends with broncos or f150 always had multiple issues with their trucks. always breaking down on the road and on the trail meanwhile i kept on going. i eventually downsized and bought a s10 to tow around to the offroad parks so if i broke it i can just tow it home. got k5 axles, driveshafts and transfercase. the rest is all s10

so since 1999 ive hoarded parts for s10s and fullsize trucks so im pretty much staying with them as its so nice to just go one of my many piles and grab parts as i need them

Last edited by abig84; 08-02-2017 at 05:45 PM.
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote