View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 09:33 PM   #316
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
So you keeping this or selling it?
I like building them.

cant drive much without taillights. didnt have any mounts on this bed though, so I popped a couple out with the plasma
IMG_6926 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6927 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6928 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6943 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

took the caps off, I like this look the best
IMG_6937 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

interior looks exactly like I thought it would back in feb
IMG_6942 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

washed off some of the lichen, the blue on the front tires said "hell no" to just about everything I threw at it, and went to my favorite picture spot at golden hour
IMG_6944 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6945 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6946 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6948 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6949 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6963 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6980 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

it took me longer than I wanted to get out of that spot, our state plant is an orange barrel and our state bird is the bird. I was trying to get to a second spot before the sun fell behind the hill, but didnt make it in time, you can see the sun JUST over where I was. oh twell. tomorrow maybe I will scrub off the blue and try again.
IMG_6983 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6985 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6986 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6988 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_6989 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

drove it all over hell and creation most of the day, my impressions are:

the oil pressure gauge quit between when I first got the truck started and now, I think from when I tried to take the cluster apart. I could not figure out how it was suppose to come apart so I quit

the temp gauge goes up and down, I think I have a big air bubble in the system, I havent been able to hook up the heater valve yet so I think the heater is the culprit. I got some vacuum lines and tees today.

the poor running at idle WAS the bad gas. I put 8 gallons in it first thing and it runs amazing now.

the overdrive works! when I drove the truck home as an s10 I never heard it drop into overdrive. I figured out that with the broken brake switch it would never go into overdrive. with the new brake switch it hits 4th gear around 40mph and locks up the torque converter shortly after.

the brake lights get stuck on, I need to adjust the switch to pedal distance.

the right front turn signal is very weak. I checked my wiring today, everything is good, so its either the bulb or the truck wiring.

I dont know how anyone with a crank out front windshield would ever need air conditioning. that breeze is freaking GLORIOUS

I need to get the rear fenders tied to the running boards. right now driving with the gap it is a bit like shaking a bag of hammers, very noisy.

everyone loves it. I put gas in it and barely escaped the gas station. if I had a nickel for every thumbs up I would have 50 cents.

Learned a bunch on this one, lesson number one is never look a gift donor in the mouth. replacing literally every fastener was devastating to my motivation.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote