View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
cheap68

Tires rubbing outer rear fender

Hey guys, On my 68 short fleet my tires are rubbing the outer lips on the rear fenders. Tires are m/t 315/60 drag radial pros. I was rubbing the inner tubs with 1/2 spacers, so I removed the spacers and tubbed it. I've run into problems now since I've lowered it from where I had it (5" drop springs with 2" lowering blocks and 6 degree shims). Wheels are 15x10 with 4.5 backspacing. I've tried to search for anybody posting on rolling the lips with little info on fleetsides at least, so I figured I'd post and get you're guys opinions on what to do. I'd really like to use these wheels and still keep this suspension drop and don't really want to deal with narrowering the rear end if possible right now. I still am in need of a c notch too. What it looks like to me is the wheel tub mounts to a piece that looks tacked to the fender lip, so I'm not sure how I'd really go about rolling the lip to get it to tuck easily. If I could figure out how to roll the lip it should tuck just fine, and I've already move the bed around and adjusted the pan hard bar to try and make sure it was as center as I could get it. Right now all I can think of is to remove the inside mounting piece altogether so I could either roll or cut the lip down? Would that be stable enough if the wheel tubs were only attached by the mounting bolts on the inside of the bed? Anybody got any experience with this or got any ideas? I'm all ears, thanks.
Attached Images

cheap68 is offline   Reply With Quote