View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 06:36 AM   #65
Marine-58

Re: Another parts store funny.

Just found this thread and it is good to know this problem isn't only here in Colorado. I really miss the old days when the parts guy's actually knew what they were doing. They are still out there but certainly getting rare.

Because of an experience at Autozone a couple month's ago, I refuse to go back. My old timing light finally gave up the ghost after about 30 years. Stopped by AZ to see if they had one. The girl who helped me, didn't know what a timing light was. When I pointed to it hanging on the wall behind the counter she started the questions of make/model/year. When I tried to explain it was a tool, she wanted to argue about it. The kicker on this is after few minutes, I asked for the manger or at least someone who had a clue. The guy she brought over was not any better.

I try to be patient with these people as we all had to learn sometime, but there is a certain level of competance expected. The end to this story is I left and went over to O'Rielley's where they do have a clue. In and out in 5 minutes.

69 Corvette convertible 454/650
Marine-58 is offline   Reply With Quote