View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 11:31 PM   #33
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

I got them off this morning, I used a sledge and that was enough for the drivers wheel, the passenger popped off after I repaired my puller. the tape on the tire is for counting revolutions, I have another piece on the pinion, 10 tire revolutions was about 15 and a third pinion revolutions, double it, divide by 10, so the axle is a 3.08.

IMG_7406 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the oil cooler lines were leaking all over everything, so I decided to remove it. the spin on adapter is held on (tight) by an allen hex in the center, turns out its the same allen size as the metric brake calipers.

IMG_7394 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

then a torx to remove the two bolts holding the cooler adapter on. well, on anything except one of my trucks, the second torx bolt stripped. I am not certain why every 10 minute project has to be such a giant pain in the dick on my trucks but there we go again.

IMG_7403 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I thought about welding a nut on and even tried a pair of vice grips but since I was removing it, and it was broken anyway, I just drilled the head off the bolt.
IMG_7404 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

ahh look at that worthless thing. you will never drip again.
IMG_7405 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I got the motor loose and jacked up but it isnt very stable, so I will hook it up to the a frame tomrorow and just remove it.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote