View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 02:33 AM   #15
BlazinC5

Re: How have you paid for your shop?

I built a pole shop about 2 years ago now. I wanna say it was about $27K with loan fee. I did the site prep and electrical so that came outta my own pocket there. It is pretty plain being a 40x30x14, standard metal siding, R-7 insulated, no eves or windows with 1 man door and 2 roll ups that are 14x12 and a 12x12.

What I did was I got in touch with some of the local builders. Got estimates and went with who could provide best price and loan rates. Most builders have a preferred bank lined up for this reason and you can usually get a better % rate that way. Them getting their money is easier too, since they worked together before.

I had my loan set up with staged dispersals. I paid the down payment to get on the books and in line for the next available building slot. They dropped materials, I disperse them with loan money, they built the shell, I dispersed more money, they poured concrete, I dispersed more money. Basically if I felt something was not correct they had to fix it before they got more money. Time is money to them.

I would suggest you do what ya can to get concrete inside the building when building it.. And keep in mind outdoor concrete can cost more. I opted out on the outside concrete as an 8k extra. Gravel will do for now. I'm happy with what I got. My wife however,, not so much. She didn't see how I was compromising when I settled with a 40X30 instead if a 40X60. BTW: she don't know it, but I almost have it paid off now....

My build, Restarted

05 Buell firebolt
94 1500 Z71
No rice for me,,, I'm full

Last edited by BlazinC5; 10-13-2017 at 02:50 AM.
BlazinC5 is offline   Reply With Quote