View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 07:56 PM   #14
72kool

Re: Opinions wanted! seriously, they are

A little clarification, I do not mind pulling the engine out. Actually only way I see to do it because I want to paint it also.

I appreciate all the opinions and advice. I understand the concerns of possibly ruining a working engine due to essentially slapping new parts and not checking anything else.

I should state this; my goal for the engine is this. I want a very reliable engine that I can pull trailers with ease and have some fun burning off the tires if I feel like it. With that in mind , that is why I thought the vortec head swap would be a good way to go because it's easy enough to hit around 325hp/350trq. And fairly budget friendly.

Another question I have then, is what would be other ways to accomplish my goal? Im not opposed to waiting a little longer and getting a crate engine. But i dont want to (1. Have to wait forever just to save enough, (2. Be disappointed in the power outcome of the crate engine i waited to get, because it would be the better choice. Where would be the best deal on a crate engine? What engines would guarantee satisfaction of my goal?

I know ls is probably a good choice if I went the route of an engine swap, but that basically throws the down time aspect out the window