View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 06:54 PM   #32
testerdahl

Re: 1962 C10 "Swede" - Grandpa's Old Truck

I should give an update to this thread. After a winter of driving it around, the inline 235 crapped out on me. Turns out grandpa had done a few "farmer rebuilds" and it was shot. I was quoted $1200-1800 for a rebuild. Not wanting to do that, one of the local engine shops had an old 283 v8 sitting in the corner of his shop. He said it was out of a 1955 Chevy Belair and the guy swapped it out 30 years ago. It had sat ever since. He said he would see if it ran and make me a deal.

Well, it ran. $300 later I had a new to me engine and spent the summer putting it in. With my work and family schedule I didn't get it done until a month ago. There were a lot of modifications to be done and it was hardly bolt in ready.

Since then, I've... well... driven the hell out of it! I went through 30 some gallons in 2.5 weeks. LOL. I took him hunting, drove the kids around, drove back to the farm, returned auto parts and more. It has been a blast. Lots of good power.

I just got a shipment of weatherstripping in, heater parts and windshield wiper parts. I've sprayed the floor with some flexseal as well as on the firewall. I'm trying to close up the cabin and get ready for winter. While I know he doesn't do great in the snow, I'm going to try anyway. My plan is to start with some sand and then maybe go get some snow tires. Still deciding.

Here are some pics.
Attached Images

testerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote