View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #37
testerdahl

Re: 1962 C10 "Swede" - Grandpa's Old Truck

Just a quick update: I've spent $600 over the past two weeks on a variety of things like weatherstripping for the doors, anti-rattle kit for the windows, a complete trim kit for the windows, windshield wiper motor and a heater transistor. I also ordered a new plastic floor mat, heat shield and a sound dampener mat. Plus, I have a list of things I'll be picking up or ordering at the store like a gas gauge and speedometer.

Why all the spending? In the next week and the week after I need to take some long trips to Colorado for work. Both trips will be in excess of 300 miles. While I typically have a press loan (I don't right now) and I could borrow or rent a car (hate that idea), I've decided to do my best to get Swede ready to roll. I'm pretty nervous about making these long trips with him especially with it being December, but the forecast looks clear and, well, frankly making these kinds of trips has been one of my big drivers for doing this project. I WANT to drive my own truck and not borrow. I'll update with my progress. Prayers appreciated. LOL.

I should add I've been exclusively driving my truck for the past 2 weeks and probably over 200 miles on it with no issues whatsoever. I think with the things I've bought and will buy, it will be ready.

Last edited by testerdahl; 12-02-2017 at 11:36 AM.
testerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote