Thread: Ccas
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 06:09 PM   #2
Ccas

Re: Aluminum radiator

This post is meant to be read if you have already decided a nice aluminum radiator is the way to go.
We've been a sponsor on these forums for a little over a year now. I'd like to throw our name in there for consideration.

The brands mentioned aren't bad but I think you'll see the Cold Case line is a better value.
ie; KKS is a 3 row non polished brand with hit or miss fitment and with no USA representation other than a warehouse where the radiators are stored.

Engineered Cooling rads (also speedcooling.com) is a decent small outfit featuring dual 1" tubes which is better than 3 small rows like KKS, polished tanks but average fit and finish and their shrouds don't fit the radiator nearly as good as ours. Pricing is ok. Suction affect is very important for 'stuck in traffic' driving.

Champion Radiators is a decent quality box welded radiator. However, their 2 and 3 row radiators are inadequate for many higher performance v8's in cars today. You need to go to their 4 radiator for best cooling and that still isn't as good as 2 big rows. Their units are all also fabricated tanks which do not resemble original at all. Fitment is semi-OEM. Because of the fab'd tanks, modifications are often needed for fitment.
You can also pick from an almost unlimited amount of no name brands off ebay. These are all no name for a reason. Usually a warehouse with a couple of guys that bring in a container of brown box no name radiators.

Cold Case features 2 1 1/4" rows only found on top brands selling for $700+, polished stamped tanks, guaranteed OEM direct fit, 60 day cool guarantee, lifetime warranty, made by the same company that brought you Pypes Exhaust. We're located in Hatfield PA and employ more than 35 people. Retail price point around $300 depending on the model.

shoot me a PM for possible special forums pricing.