View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 11:52 AM   #300
MCB Matt

Re: 67-72 Truck 3 Point Retractable Seat Belt Kits - Bolt in - Morris Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikwho View Post
With the 3 point seat belts having 4 points of contact, vs. The lap belts having two, where does the retractable end of the new belt mount? That may not make sense. So, the medial end of the 3 point belt is the same, then the lower part of the new 3 point belt mounts to where the original lap belt bolted down just outboard of the seat, then there's the hole for the shoulder belt up high. So, Ive been wondering where retractable end mounts? Doe it mount all the way down on the floor, using the same hole as the stock belt? That would make both ends of the long 3 point belt piece mount to the same hole, right? I'm just curious how this mounting configuration looks. I've been wanting to upgrade my truck to 3 point belts. I bought some universal 3 point belts and they had no provision for mounting those two ends to the same hole.
The Morris 3 point belts have 3 mounting points. One will be the upper (Hole already there for it), the second is the retractor which mounts where the stock lower (outer) belt attaches now. The last is the receiver which mounts in the stock hole as well.

This is a simple 1 hour install typically. Other brands are GENERIC fit, they are not made for the 67-72, they usually sell you a 100% generic or the 73-87 type kit.

This is FAR too important of a part to compromise on to save a few bucks honestly!

Thanks,
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com
Email: forums@mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
MCB Matt is offline   Reply With Quote