View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #8
4x4k30

Re: ls radiator in 79 truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec010974 View Post
hello all. if I remember correctly, how will you fill the ls radiator? it doesn't have a vent cap/neck. are you gonna fab up a way to use the ls overflow canister? also another thing to remember is to burp or extract all the air out of the cooling system. some of the forum users have had complaints about air pockets and cooling problems. 4x4k30 & cdub2010 you guys are smart for using the ls stuff. GM has a lot of R&D behind the LS. Good luck.
I am glad you brought that up because I didn't think about all that my self so now I am gona have to figure a way to mount the coolant tank up and its big and takes up a lot room .I know it would be easyer to just buy a new radiator and just put it in. but I am on a fixed income now and I just don't have the funds to do it like I want to.i am lucky though I have more time than money to do this . I was out working on the truck today and was seeing how I was gona mount the pedal and in-line fuel pump and regulator and seen its gona be another problem to over come.