View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 02:28 PM   #1
dennislbrooks

Setup question with what I have

I know that I should have bought speakers before the amp but I awaited good deals. I presently have a Custom autosound 230 pushing a Clarion xc2410 Amp pushing 2 - 3.5 inch 4 ohm speakers in middle stock front dash grill and a right rear 10 inch Pioneer in a sealed box 300 nominal and 1200 peak - 4 ohm. It is located behind the passenger seat in the corner next to gas tank - is not sight noticeable and is open not touching with seat all the way back. A dual would probably had been better for the rear but I got these 2 new Pioneer TS-SWX2520 speakers in enclosed sealed boxes at auction for $26 a piece --- and they are new. I removed/cut the damper part of the speaker box to get it to fit. It has been resealed. The only place I can put the 10 inch cut speaker box on the driver side is under the seat --- I have not done this --to close ---- but I have left a 5.25 inch 4 ohm under the driver seat -25 watt.

The Amp is 50 watt per channel. It can be bridged but I do not have a dual rear sub woofer speaker.

The head has the bass set at 8 of 10 and loudness is about right between 38 and 44 -- less than half.

The bass amp gain is about 2/3 and the Low pass is at about 1/3.

The 10 inch subwoofer seems located in the correct place when sitting in the driver seat and hits nice.

----- Will there be any harm running a 10 inch on the right rear and a 5.25 inch on the left rear? I guess maybe with too much volume I may blow the driver rear speaker but I am not likely too turn it up that loud for cab listening.

----- Should I get a better higher wattage 5.25 inch speaker.

-----Should I port the 10 inch sealed box which is now a little bigger than the 10 inch speaker?
Attached Images

Last edited by dennislbrooks; 04-21-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: words
dennislbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote