View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #6
Hart_Rod

Re: Dakota Digital HDX with the OBDII BIM module

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
OK Rob, here's my question for this setup.

I got my first HDX gauge set and it had a bad button - wouldn't go into setup mode. Sent it back to DD. They either fixed it or sent me another one. The note said "no problem found" but it works now so whatever.

During initial setup of this second one, through my ipad on bluetooth, it does not recognize the pcm. The BIM module diagnostics (lights and those codes it can flash) says that IT is communicating with the PCM fine and dandy but the cluster says it doesn't see it. Everything is hooked up the way it is supposed to be.

I am hoping (REALLY hoping) that the cluster did not see the PCM because the engine wasn't running. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I'm running on hope right now.

I can't start the engine to confirm this until I get a few more things plumbed up.

PCM is good- its got hours of testing and runs the engine fine. I just hope I don't have another cluster issue. I had to pay over $40 in shipping/insurance to send the first one back to DD which pissed me right off since it was bad from the start. If I have to send it back again I will not be a happy camper.

Any thoughts?
Are you saying the BIM doesn't recognize the PCM? Did you update each gauge (oil, temp, speed, etc..) to get it's input from the BIM? Also, the cluster should see the PCM as long as the key is turned on.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote