View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 01:43 PM   #223
Purcell69

Re: Starting my first build - 1966 C10

Scott, Thank you for sharing the link to this thread. I really admire your ability to fabricate. Looking at what you have going vs. what I've done so far makes me feel like a cave man working with a dull rock. Lol!

Looking back to the beginning at the bearing mess in your stroked 350, I knew right away what had happened. Obviously you figured that out long ago.

The LQ4 should really be a hoot when it's in. Even though my truck isn't moving just yet, I'm looking ahead to some future project/s. I have the .060 over 350 that was originally built for the '57 sitting sealed up in storage with less than 500 miles on it. That engine needs to go in to something.

Then there is the burning desire to build another 454 to again, put in to something. I built one for my wife's Big 10 years ago when the .060 over 350 dropped a valve seat (which is why it is now .060 over). She LOVES the big block. That truck was sold years ago now, so there is a nostalgic want for another.

And I can't help but wonder what all the LS love is about. I grew up on small journal 327 Chevys spinning at 7,500 rpm. The Big 10 was my first Big Block toy and it was built to tow, though it would smoke the tires for a city block if you laid in to it. It may be time for me to try something new, just because.

So there it is, three projects lined up, waiting for me to finish the '57.

Keep up the good work brother. Life gets in the way for a while and stuff ends up on the back burner, but in the long run, turning wrenches is therapy and if nothing else, serves as a distraction until the hard times have passed.

-Joe