View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:24 PM   #44
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

nut case about the water heater, I had to have it done to get the money back from the warranty company.

the s10 frame gets narrower as it goes back so how on earth do you move the mount back a precise amount? well this is how I did it. I dropped a plumb line through the center of the mount and made a chalk mark. then I dropped a level on the outside of the framerails and drew some more chalk lines. using those I was able to draw a centerline of the mount and where it needed to be 8 3/4" back.

IMG_0290 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0291 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I decided on ear mounts, I used the stock 4 bolts before but not on this new of a frame, there was a support in the way that I didnt want to remove. I cut the passenger side roughly where it needed and closed up the cut end. the crossmember was completely full of rocks and grit, it took two sawzall blades for that one cut. I also took about an inch out of the cut on the drivers side. I need to put the gussets on and drill the holes but I think it will work out great.

IMG_0292 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0294 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0296 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0297 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

not to soapbox again, but I was disappointed by a seller again today. He advertised some wheels and tires for a good price, but when I got there the tires were gone. he said no the price was just for the wheels, well your ad pictures show tires and makes no mention of wheels only. he was 30 minutes out of town and what it came down to was he wanted 80 dollars less than brand new for some used torq thrusts with pits in the chrome. he seemed offended I didnt want them. this is the second time in a week I wasted time driving for a misleading ad, are people getting worse or are just more sellers in the market?

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote