View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #999
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
I'll be there for sure. What a great show that was... Lord willing I will be driving MY 72 swb too Its going to be almost a triplet of yours and Aarons ride, but with white on the sides and roof and full upper and lower trim. I also have the chrome outer grill and standard inner grille but in chrome also. I cant wait to get rockin on it again. Just curious, do you guys know whos truck is quicker? You are running a gen 4 6.0 and he has a gen 5 5.3 correct? I have the same setup as Aaron with a 4:11 gear in a 6L80e.
We haven't actually tried to figure that out yet. I think his might be a touch faster with acceleration because of the direct injection technology, but with factory tunes they're rated about the same for power (360 HP 380 ft-lbs). Naturally neither of us are running a factory tune, but we have similar mods and used the same tuner to program them both, so it's probably still pretty close. He has 4.10s and I have 3.73s so he'd probably get me from a start, but I'd get him over a longer distance. This is all hypothetical, bench racing of course.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote