View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 06:09 PM   #24
Cooper197

Re: LED Headlight Conversion

I have a set of truck lite LED's on my old MR2, and a set of Morimoto Sealed7's on my truck. I've used a number of Morimoto products in the past and have always been pleased with the quality and longevity of them.

I actually don't care for the truck lites. They are bright, and will be staying on my MR2, but they have a horrible hotspot in the middle which really annoys me. Beyond that, they are fantastic, bright, wide and far.
The Moritmoto's are LED projectors and are much more evenly lit. They shine wider, further and are very comparable to the output of my 2015 Mercedes. I bought the 1.0 series a few months ago when they were on sale for $150/set, looks like now they just carry the 2.0 for $600/set. IMO, worth the extra over the truck lites, but they have a look that doesn't suite all classics as well.

All that being said, if you aren't concerned about getting much better light output than stock, you'd be fine with nearly any 7" LED light. I'd wager that even the cheap sets on Amazon will shine as well as the stock lights on these trucks and draw less power. If you want a better output and the low amp draw of LED's, be prepared to pay up.
Cooper197 is offline   Reply With Quote