View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #127
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Few more pictures of the crossmember kind of set in place and things coming together. So far the planning is paying off. The rear bars for the x-brace start part way up the rear frame where it kicks up over the rear axle, ties in with the side of the rear cab Mount to stabilize those and then lines up with the bend in the top bar that goes over top of the transmission. The one by the gas tank came out better than expected. I should have about a half inch clearance between the tank and the bar without having to make any extra bends. The right front one is wide open. It will go straight from that same point forward to where the frame curves up right behind the control arm. The driver side front bar I'm not sure yet. It's either going to line up perfectly and I can use that as part of the mount for the brake pedal, or as can be right in the way and a headache. Could go either way. I'm hoping that I can get the two front bars far enough out that they hide underneath the inner fenders and are pretty much invisible with the hood open. That Parts optional but it would be nice.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723

Last edited by Cautrell05; 07-28-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote