View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 01:37 PM   #34
ls1nova71

Re: Thanks ls1nova71 for the help on cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
Yeah, might have misspoke.

T56 and speartech did not set the pcm up. My builder and his tuner set it up through HP Tuners. We selected manual transmission but like Justin at ST said, cruise might not work on an 04 truck tune with a manual transmission as that combination may not have been offered from GM.

I haven't been able to figure out how to incorporate a clutch switch. There just isn't a good place to mount one. I was just going to duplicate the brake pedal setup but the pedal geometry and lack of room under there on the clutch side doesn't make it easy.
If you are running a 2004 truck tune then it should work the way you have it wired up. As far as I know there isnt anything specific to the automatic transmission that would stop it from working. If you had the Vette tune then it would, but since you dont have that it should work.

As far as the clutch switch goes, I dont have a clutch pedal set up to look at but looked at my auto one and it looks like it would be doable with a brake switch, but you would have to weld (or bolt) a tab to the pedal bracket. If that isnt possible, adding a switch to the bracket that goes under the steering column where the pedal bump stop is would be an option. When wiring it, I dont know if adding the wire to the PCM will work if the tune isnt set up for it, so the easy way around it would be to have the 2 switches wired in series so that anytime one is pushed the PCM will think the brake is applied and would cut the cruise off.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html

Last edited by ls1nova71; 09-23-2018 at 01:46 PM.
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote