View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #36
NC_John

Re: Thanks ls1nova71 for the help on cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
If you are running a 2004 truck tune then it should work the way you have it wired up. As far as I know there isnt anything specific to the automatic transmission that would stop it from working. If you had the Vette tune then it would, but since you dont have that it should work.

As far as the clutch switch goes, I dont have a clutch pedal set up to look at but looked at my auto one and it looks like it would be doable with a brake switch, but you would have to weld (or bolt) a tab to the pedal bracket. If that isnt possible, adding a switch to the bracket that goes under the steering column where the pedal bump stop is would be an option. When wiring it, I dont know if adding the wire to the PCM will work if the tune isnt set up for it, so the easy way around it would be to have the 2 switches wired in series so that anytime one is pushed the PCM will think the brake is applied and would cut the cruise off.

Yeah, if its not looking for a clutch switch status, it shouldnt be in the logic path.

With the interior fully assembled, any kind of welding in there is going to be a bigger hassle than its worth (if I could even get it up there) I wasn't able to find an easy bolt on location (that was my first thought). It's miserable trying to do anything under there, as cramped as it is. I'm way to big to get folded up the way the space requires. I've actually gotten stuck under there. Might be able to put a pressure switch in the clutch line if the fittings would work.

Good idea putting the switches in series.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote