View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 12:34 AM   #21
jocko

Re: New 2001 in the barn :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
nice truck found a great home!

+1 on the cabin air filter replacement.. and I've heard fresh apple chips are good smell absorbers..

I was previously told my '02 GMC didn't have a cabin air after so it was long overdue when I discovered it did in fact have a set.. 13 years worth

found nuts n bolts info here and posted my experience toward end of that thread, same user name.. https://www.silveradosierra.com/how-...-t8476-20.html

I also posted info on improving vent flow, found duct joints in the console leaking excessively and made a few mods to greatly improve flow..

here's some fun stuff you might find, good luck!
Ha, yes, I learned my other 01 had cabin air filters after about the same amount of time. Wondered why my a/c seemed to be choking... So now I change them regularly. Sure wish uncle gm had used a better size and easier access bolt to hold it all together. Something like a 5 and 7 mm socket required. Could've just been a clip... ha. And I wonder how many people think the filters always come as a two-fer so that you have one for "next time"? It was pure luck that I discovered there were two filters stacked the first time around. Apple chips eh..?

Last edited by jocko; 11-17-2018 at 12:45 AM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote