View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 03:37 PM   #36
AllenF

Re: Morphing a 1956 Chevy 3200 onto a 2001 Tahoe Chassis

I will take a couple more over the coming days. I used the Tahoe driver's geometry, so the 56 had the driver more in the center of the vehicle (bench seat, narrower vehicle) so i had to cut the dash into a few pieces and relocate the center of the instrument cluster to the left. I am also engineering it such that the dash will now bolt in. I will grab some shots as to how I did that, but the short answer is I cut it along the front, extended it, and welded bolts to it. I am in the midst of roughing out some of the heavy metal changes and dents after the sand blasting so I can get it in rough primer. I will be back on the dash and interior in a week or so. I had to delay until I sorted out the stereo. I am hoping to have a fold down panel that replicates the original radio and conceal a modern Sony double din media player behind it. I am also cutting and reusing the Tahoe instrument panel behind the 56 cluster. Any gauges that don't make it, I can display on the media player via a blue tooth OBDII connection.

Allen
Attached Images

AllenF is offline   Reply With Quote