Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 09:50 PM   #129
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

It's been awhile since I actually did any major work on the truck, so let's get caught up.

The week before Christmas I worked for UPS as a driver helper. It is a seasonal position, so I knew that they wouldn't need me after Christmas. Over the summer, I worked for Advance Auto Parts, and my boss wanted me to come back and work whenever I was home. I started working for Advance again last Thursday, but today I finally got a chance to pull the old trans.

Everything was going great. Trans came out super easy, swapped over the shifter levers because the old trans levers were in better shape than the new trans, and was ready to get the new to me overdrive trans in. Being a much heavier trans, my dad worked the floor jack while I guided the trans into place. The trans slipped right in once we got it lined up right. I started putting everything back together and it was going great. Looked like I was going to be able to get everything bolted up and ready to go by tonight.

That's when the one thing struck again.. I did not realize that the output shafts were different Now I need to get the yoke on the driveshaft changed so I can hopefully finish the swap before I have to go back to school.

On a better note though, I was able to purchase a set of rally wheels that had center caps and bands. I just need to get the right screws so I can mount up the caps on the wheels currently on the truck. Not sure if I am going to run the beauty bands or not
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson

Last edited by cwcarpenter98; 12-30-2018 at 10:08 PM.
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote