View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 10:22 PM   #81
LOW A D

Re: Got it one piece at a time... 51 chev

Thanks for the compliments! I've been working on my truck almost everyday since right after christmas, I will try to post pics of what I've done. One thing that may interest some of you is what I did with my wipers. I'll try to explain it so it makes sense. I'm not too good at writing! I used the steering column out of an older Astro van, which has the wiper switch on the column. I took the electric wiper motor out of the same van. As you know, the old vacuum wipers moved in opposite directions and the motor goes back and forth. The electric motor only goes around in one direction. What I did to solve the problem is I moved the passenger wiper mount closer to the center of the windshield so that both wipers move together in the same direction. I made the wiper linkage out of some of the old parts and some of the astro van parts. If anybody is interested i can give more details. Hope this makes sense! I have done this same wiper system on at least three other trucks I've built and it works well. Doing it this way gives me a reliable electric system with intermitent wipers for almost free. I'll post some pics that hopefully will help see what i did
LOW A D is offline   Reply With Quote