Thread: 47-55.1 $188,000 Pickup
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 05:57 PM   #16
joedoh

Re: $188,000 Pickup

cost/benefit? did you see the house it was in front of? 188k probably accounted for 1/10th of his income for the year. did buying your car or truck account for 1/10th of your income for the year? even making payments over 5 years accounts for more than 1/4th of most peoples income, some people spend 1/2, and that is PAYMENTS per year, the purchase price of the car or truck is usually 60-80% of their yearly income. this is a different scale of economy you are talking about here.

I had a boss who owned his own business and wanted to hang out with the richie riches of the town. he did really well, still does, better than me for sure. but he was always trying to relate to the richies. he would go buy an expensive car and then talk about it with them, he was always disappointed that they didnt know anything about their brand new mercedes and werent really interested in talking about his, I told him: of course not. they need a car to drive aorund just like you do. they find a color they like, or a friend says "the new xyz 220ilx is out you should go test drive one. and then they forget about it, because its just their car. but YOU buying one is a year worth of saving, researching, and then buying one is a sizable chunk of your income. to them its the same as buying a shovel. its a tool.

188k to an art dealer is like buying a 2k beater. I bet he didnt even bat an eye at the cost, and he can sell it so quickly, even with sentiment attached, because it didnt hurt at all to spend it.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote