View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 03:46 PM   #44
NC_John

Re: Thanks ls1nova71 for the help on cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_John View Post
Yeah, if its not looking for a clutch switch status, it shouldnt be in the logic path.

With the interior fully assembled, any kind of welding in there is going to be a bigger hassle than its worth (if I could even get it up there) I wasn't able to find an easy bolt on location (that was my first thought). It's miserable trying to do anything under there, as cramped as it is. I'm way to big to get folded up the way the space requires. I've actually gotten stuck under there. Might be able to put a pressure switch in the clutch line if the fittings would work.

Good idea putting the switches in series.
Circling back on this for some closure- I ended up getting the 2004 corvette Z06 base tune flashed on my PCM instead of the original truck program. As speartech thought, there was no cruise control option for a six-speed transmission in a truck.

I did also end up putting in a clutch switch- I found a rostra "universal" kit that I was able to make work. I've got a video clip of it on my instagram if anyone wants to see what I came up with.

So I have working cruise control in my '70 and it is cool as heck.

Thanks.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote