View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 05:18 PM   #49
badherb

Re: long and hopefully good thread

damn nearly three years since i posted on this thread. Life happens my friends. so short story. I moved and had two years of work to get done and a new shop to build. in Oct i got my shop and prepped that for me to be full on in a bigger shop with all the space needed. then my Dad passes away and the depression hit. more than 60 years of mechanical experience and i was not done gathering what i could, so i buried my head into the project once again.
summary: ls swap wiring tutorials a must. got my 4.8 stand alone wiring harness complete, computer needs to be sent and reprogrammed. 3 full weekends, im and electrician and i struggled. but very satisfiying.
break lines damn near dun: note double flares are not hard if you follow some good rules. look up double flares and watch videos I watched 6 or so after ruining the 3/16 die twice. clamping and lube and filing the flare end take note it helps.
fly by wire gas pedal. mounting spot has a rib that the pedal has to straddle. built spacers welded painted drilled. waiting for a new tool and i will have that accomplished.
wiper motor, stock, works, had to reman a new bolt for the linkage to run on. pretty easy cause i have a metal mill/lathe. but the motor is painted and ready to go in.
no pics today guys sorry but when i get each or these things totally complete i will post pics. sorry it took me so long to get going again but its snowy in the PNW and i got nothing todo but work on this thing.