Thread: LT1 GenV swap
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 11:32 PM   #238
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: LT1 GenV swap

Installed the new dorman hood release cable.. old, possibly original didnt like being reshaped...

Product rating pooo... firewall seal grommet is not the right size, no way to make it seal.. wound up just cutting a slit in the 30 yr old original and wrapping it over the cable...cable is smaller than stock .. majority is sealed up anyway.

Almost cant tell what was done but with the battery on the driver side, the hood release cable just didnt look right at home anymore...
Needed something and I happened to have some nylon fuel line stuffed away.
Threaded it to 3/8, cut the bolt head off to make a stud, installed the stud, cables, nut and then this nylon holder. Simple thing to hold the hood release cable and clean it up instead of it just dangling.
Clint

Mocked up the dodge gauge to the sender in the upper rad hose adapter.. it didnt read what the ecu was displaying... could be the aftermarket sender, or the 12yr old gauge.. gonna vacuum bleed it again this week and retest.. sure wish summit would send the gm coolant reservoir already.. dang mfg drop ship..

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote