View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 06:19 PM   #56
Orange Crate

Re: Another NV4500 to NP205

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
i dont know the spacing on a 67-72 truck but on a 80's k5 blazer i am doing it has a offroad design twin stick setup on a nv4500 with the 1-5/8 advanced adapter spacer kit .

the ord twin stick spacer is only 1-1/4" thick for the shifter bolt mount unlike your looong one you made .

hope this info helps if not your combo looks good . i did one for a guy a few years ago with 2 stock levers and it worked real good .
I am not using a spacer on my set up. It is an NV4500 bolted to a 6 bolt round pattern NP205. You might be thinking that the tail housing is a spacer, but it is not. Under the tail housing is 5th gear and the shift fork for that. Take a look at post #47, it clearly shows what is under the tail housing. This is the shortest NV to NP conversion possible. I tried to put the shift lever pivot point in the same location as stock. I have in my truck an NP205 mated to a TH350 right now, so I just took measurements off of that.