Thread: 72 Blazer build
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 05:45 PM   #46
Slippy

Re: 72 Blazer build

Things are staring to come together nicely, adjusting panels for hours on end can drive you crazy but hopefully worth it in the end,

I received a bunch of parts from LMC and the inner and outer grille were both damaged, I was very happy with how they handled it, no questions asked and they had new ones on the way, they don’t even want the old ones back.

I had started the engine numerous times and everything seemed to be good, but after going for a little drive around my yard it was apparent that I had some transmission issues,it is a 6l80 computer controlled trans and it was stuck in limp mode and wouldn’t shift or do anything, after reading different forums for about 10 hours I realized I had wiring issues, after changing some wires around and adding a relay for the trans controller I think it’s working now.

I have to say if it wasn’t for forums such as this one I don’t think a lot of these builds would be possible, seems like every problem someone else has encountered before and had a solution.

I wouldn’t have been smart enough to figure out the trans issue on my own for sure. Haha
Attached Images

Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote