View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 03:21 PM   #1289
RockinKees

Re: Dutch '59 Fleetside Longbed

Little update...
I just bought a “new” intake. Weiand 8004.
Because everybody has Edelbrock and I am always outside the box
This will be portmatched with the heads in the future. That means, when I have the time to wrench my truck again

Bigger update on the 35 Ford.
All electrics are in and working
But there are so many things wrong with the car that the owner has decided to make a lawsuit against the so called Hot Rod Shop...
The last thing we have had trouble with was the “overhauled” engine.
We wanted to know if this has been put together the right way, so if he used the special lube for the new camshaft etc., if the rods are torqued and secured..
Well, when opening up the oilpan, we found aluminium particals and a piece of a cotterpin... even the crankshaft had signs of being worked on with a grinder!!
So, we just would turn the engine and look at the rest..
Did not happen. I have an old torquewrench with a pin, so you can read the specific torque. I had to make more then 60 lbf/ft and the engine wouldn’t turn over. We agreed on calling the lawyer first, he said it is better to stay away from the car for now and wait on the coming procedure. That is to confront the HR shop with his work. And you must him give the change to make up for his faults, legally. The owner wasn’t happy with this because he has no trust or what so ever in this man. But you have to follow the rules...
This means we have to stop the build for quite some time, until we got green light.
Bummer.....

Some pics:
Pic #1 The Holy Weiand for my truck
For the 35 Ford:
Pic #2 the lightswitch, dimmerswitch, turnsignal switch and claxon built under dash, you can hardly see them from outside the car.
Pic #3 switchpanel ready for mounting under dash
Pic #4 fuse and relaypanel. This is mounted on the rightside kickpanel
Attached Images

1959 Chevy Fleetside Longbed
My build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=643426
Kool Guyz CC
Instagram: _King_Kustom_
RockinKees is offline   Reply With Quote