Thread: 1955 Chevy SS
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 09:57 PM   #19
dsraven

Re: 1955 Chevy SS

I found on mine that the 235/60r17's wouldn't quite fit under the box with the original spare tire carrier because the truck sits pretty low. I pinned the suspension at ride height with the original envoy body on top then stripped it off and put the old truck cab on top of the frame with the rockers about even with the bottom of the frame. that way there is prolly no surprises if it were to bottom out on speed bumps etc. the floor in the truck is about 2-2.5" lower than it used to be. is that roughly what yours works out to? I have the spare tire style rear fenders so will likely just use that method. it would be interesting to see the tail light system you have planned. I see you recessed your firewall a bit. does that affect the steering wheel depth noticeably?
some pics of your dash would be nice. you made that look awesome. mine is shortened and mocked up but not finished yet. looks about the same a yours for fitment. I will likely get another whole dash because this one is from a chain smoker's vehicle and the smell just doesn't go away. being a non smoker I really notice it. mock up is good anyway. get this one right and then copy the new smoke free one.
are the ss heels 20"? I like the 17's you have picked out.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote