Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 10:31 AM   #286
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

So I have some good news and some bad news.

Bad news is that I won't be able to do any truck stuff from May 31 until July 25.
The good news is that I will be in Daytona for Summer Leadership Project

What is SLP? Well, I wrote this up to send out to my friends and family, and y'all are part of that as well, so I'll just go ahead and put the letter below in this post.

Dear friends and family,

I am writing to share with you a wonderful opportunity I have this summer. I have committed to attending a two-month trip called Summer Leadership Project (SLP) with an interdenominational college ministry called Campus Outreach (CO). The SLP is a program designed to help college students from all over the Southeast grow in their personal relationships with Christ. Along with growing in our personal walks we will also learn how to effectively share the gospel with others.

I gave my life to Christ on April 4, 2012, and for several years, I was growing spiritually. About half way through high school, I continued to attend church but began running from the Lord. Coming into Georgia College & State University, I knew that I wanted to join a campus ministry. After visiting multiple ministries on campus, I I was drawn to Campus Outreach (CO). At the beginning, I only went to CO and church because it was the right thing to do. Thankfully, at each CO meeting and church service, the Lord was working in my heart and giving me a desire to pursue him again . By the time sophomore year started, my heart was ready to turn back to God. I became more involved with CO and a local church, and I began to grow spiritually again. Over the past couple of months, I have felt the Lord calling me to invest my summer in Him by attending SLP. The need for Christ is real at GCSU and around the world. He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” (Luke 10:2)

Although spending 2 months in Florida sounds like I will be spending all day on the beach, that is not the reason why I am going. At SLP we will be trained in Bible study, evangelism, prayer, and how to be a leader for Christ on our campus. The community on SLP is absolutely incredible; this past fall I saw all of my friends who went last year come back in a tight knit community that was on fire for Christ. Along with daily Bible studies and talks, each student is also required to work a full-time job; jobs range from fast-food to landscaping to working at the Daytona Speedway.

Currently, I am prayerfully trusting God to raise up a group of people to share in my experience this summer by financially and, more importantly, prayerfully supporting me. As a college student, the money I make this summer at my job will be put away in savings for next semester. The total cost of Summer Leadership Project is $1,650, which includes rent for two months, project materials and some meals. I am trusting the Lord will provide the support needed to cover my expenses this summer through close family and friends. This is an incredible opportunity to invest in God’s kingdom growing on the college campus, and I hope you would consider giving to it. I spoke with some friends who said the average gift ranges from anywhere from $50-$200, just as a starting point for you to prayerfully consider. Contributions by check, made out to Campus Outreach or myself, or by cash can be sent to me at:

Christian Carpenter
403 W Leslie Ct
Woodstock, GA 30188

All contributions made out to Campus Outreach are tax-deductible. Cash donations work as well. Your contributions and prayers are greatly appreciated! Please pray for me and for God to work and move on the Summer Leadership Project. Please call me if you have any questions about Summer Leadership Project, Campus Outreach, or anything else at 678-735-1948.
If you would like to donate online, please click here

I am super excited to see what the Lord has in store for me this summer. I am a little sad about not being able to do anything with Frankentruck during those 2 months, but this summer is my only opportunity to go on SLP, and I will have many years to come for truck stuff.
(Yeah, it's a senior pic from high school, but I still look the same . Frankentruck sure has changed since then though)
Thanks y'all!
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote