View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #44
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: How have you paid for your shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
It's that time. We've been in our current home since 2009 and with my mustang and repeated hail damage to all of my cars (3 separate hail storms that have caused over 20K in damage to my cars alone) my 2 car attached garage isn't enough.

My plan is to build a 28x30 shop with two 10' front doors and one rear "pass through" door with an enclosed double car port pushed against the back side for additional storage. I estimate that the cost will be around 25-30K as I'd like to use rafters that allow for upstairs storage. I'd like to go bigger but it is all I have room for.
Man how time flies and plans change.

28x30... lol...

I 100% finished the outside of my house, roof, windows, siding, soffit, and new shutters. Looks incredible. Wife got what she wanted, my turn. Now I need the shop to match.

I finally had a couple contractors come to price out grading (there's a hill the whole length of the garage 3' higher than the left side) and a foundation. The new plan (and this really is all I have room for) is 30'x50'. There will be 2 - 12' doors across the front, one out the back, a side entry man door near the front, one out the back, and 4 windows per side. I'm also planning for a 2 post lift, so the concrete will be thick and safe enough.

I just need to pick one and get started. Of course, the earliest anyone can start is late June. That will give me time to get my electric line and cable relocated (both run smack dab down the middle of the foundation location.)

I also had to have 5 massive 45' tall leelands cut down to make room, they're down and gone.

As far as paying for it, the foundation/grading work have been in line what i hoped they would be. I have enough cash to pay for the grading/foundation/floor, walls, sheeting, I've priced out 30' trussed with storage down the middle, and the roof. So I can have it enclosed. I should only need to borrow +/-15K-20K for windows, doors, electric, and interior finishes. We're going with a HELOC through our mortgage bank. I can pay that amount back in under 2 years.

Just wanted to share my excitement, this month marked 10 years since we moved into our house. I'm trying to be realistic, and hope to have it dryed in by late august/september and fully complete (siding, interior, etc) early 2020.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 05-09-2019 at 02:44 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote