View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #32
Pvmt-Pndr

Re: 69 C60 Mega Truck Hauler

I can do that tomorrow hopefully. I haven't had time to figure out how to put in a couple hangers on the rear of the exhaust. I may just make a custom bracket rubber mounted. I hope to get that resolved this weekend since I actually get a couple of days off. I went from feeling like my ears were going to bleed everytime I drove it to only being able to hear the air pump pumping under the hood now! It sounds like your typical big block Chevy. I don't want to say I'm exactly happy with the sound but I'm also not disappointed either. I wanted 0 rasp and just a deep tone. I have a deep tone and a little rasp, I can live with it.

I also had to replace the wiring on the 2 speed switch. They crumbled and the $65 was well worth spending.

Currently I've been working on the interior. I pulled the seat out, cleaned the mess up that looks like it's been there for 10 years, cleaned and treated any surface rust then shot a couple layers of bed liner down on the floor. Next I'm going to get something to help make it a little quieter in the cab while driving and get a new rubber mat for it.

One of the next things on my list is a new carb. I don't know how accurate my tach is but I believe that is way off also. At 45 mph my tach is around 3200 rpm. I thought the rear end was stuck in low... It's definitely not! Anything over those "rpms" the engine really starts to throw a fit!
Pvmt-Pndr is offline   Reply With Quote