View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 12:40 AM   #143
iowaboynca

Re: "1950 GMC" -Charlotte

Hey everyone. Its been way too long since i've posted. I'm still tinkering away...life has thrown some hurdles. Good hurdles, but hurdles nonetheless. This summer has been hell. My daughter's quincenera, (think sweet 16), my middle son's wedding and heavily involved with my 3 daughter's youth soccer club. And oh yeah there's that 4-letter word, WORK...So time is a premium.

Plus, my build feels like 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I finally committed to doing the pedal brackets to be frame mounted which required a new trans mount and new exhaust. just finished up the trans mount, nothing fancy.

But, more importantly, i'm corrupting one of my daughters to the dark side. In the pictures attached is a 52 Chevy that we brought home today. Originally it was my buddy's great grandfathers that was abandoned out on their ranch. I helped him get it re-titled in his name last year. He doesn't have the time or energy to fix it up so he offered it to me and i jumped on it.

So this will be my middle daughters truck. Thinking of throwing in my 235 with either a TH400 or 700R4 i have lying around. MII w/8.8 in the back (like mine). The interesting thing is she's saying she wants to keep the patina. I've already told her we'll need to fix the problem areas but that will add to the character. It was sitting on the ground with no wheels for a while so i'll need to really go over the frame, that's my biggest concern right now.

Anyway this build won't start until next spring, but at least i'll have a helper! When we kick it off i'll post a separate build thread. In the meantime, i'll keep plugging away on Charlotte.

Stay tuned!

P.S. If the wheels look familiar, they're the same ones that were on my truck when i brought it home. When we slapped them on, my buddy was like "Wow, it looks like a truck again..." I asked him if he wanted to change his mind and he said, "No. It need to go to someone that will work on it, otherwise it would go to the scrapper."
Attached Images

Last edited by iowaboynca; 08-11-2019 at 12:47 AM.
iowaboynca is offline   Reply With Quote