View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 07:00 PM   #71
sweetk30

Re: so i went and looked at this today

well finally made time for this project to get done .

motor looks as listed inside super clean low miles . i even was able to see the reman comp gm used installed a 2 row roller chain for the timing system so one less thing to upgrade on my end . cause if it had a silent chain i was going to swap it . i had to drill a hole and take a carbide bit to the threaded coolant plug in the head cause even with the correct special driver bit it popped 1/3 of it off . but once i did the hole and ground 3 of the 4 flats to the threads i tapped it with a hammer and chisel bit and it all fell out . i used the shop vac with a small 1/2" pipe reducer to suck out the chips and grinding powder . this was so i could install the nipple adapter for the water flow to the air compressor for the brakes .

next i had the intake blasted clean and gave it a coat of paint . for now it has one t-stat housing on it for mock-up the other is in the bucket of rust remover from all the boiled water that was in the old engines system .

next i said no more funky holley carb for me as it needed a full rebuild anyway . i found a new in the box edelbrock 1406 performance / towing spec unit with man choke linkage . then i got a pertronics hei module with built in rev limiter and will set it for 4,500 rpm just a little higher than stock system was . this with the new 50,000 volt coil from them and all new wires / cap / rotor / reg vac advance hei we should be good .

the water pump got stripped of its needed parts to go to the fresh reman unit i scored cheep off ebay not long ago .

i need to swap the tins for my units and gt a oil pressure feed hose made up local for the air compressor and the oil rated hose for the drain to the pan . then she will be ready for a test fire .
Attached Images

85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote