View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 05:59 AM   #3
phraza

Re: Need advice: Dual Master Cylinder 64 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
If you go with stock parts, you'll want 71 or newer (70 and older were 4-wheel drum and the master cylinders are not the same). The summit links will work also.
Keep in mind that original did not have an adjustable prop valve. But nothing wrong with adding one instead of just a distrib/brake warning block.
Personally, I'd buy a 71-72 C10 as in your very first link above (don't buy C20 or higher, they are different also...) NON-POWER brake master cylinder from a local parts store and add in an aftermarket adjustable prop valve and plumb your own lines. If you think you'll ever add a booster, now is the time to do it (and I'd recommend it), Captainfab sells a great bracket that tucks everything in close to the firewall. Just a thought (and you'd need a 72 C10 POWER brake master cylinder).
Thanks for your advice man, I just ordered the CPP kit through Summit (Summit has reasonable shipping to New Zealand) it was a bit pricey ordering the master and prop valve + mounts etc all separate. Should get it in a week and then get stuck in installing it!

Cheers

1964 Chevy C10 Stepside
350 V8

Build thread here
phraza is offline   Reply With Quote