View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #128
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: HP Tuners Tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedoublewide View Post
I wish I was 20 something again lol, I'm what you call a late bloomer going back to college, still 30 years young.

is there anything to log when one is trying to start for the first time? I'm only firing on three cylinders. Coils are good and each injector is getting pulse(YAY NOID LIGHT).I need a new set of fuel injectors(3 are bad 37 ohms).

I'm trying to learn this VCM scanner and use it as a troubleshooting tool.
sorry to hear about your troubles, did you disable your VATS, Vehicle Anti Theft System (I assume this is a Swap - engine not in original vehicle) I read that you say your coils are good, but does that mean you actually checked for spark, one plug at a time at the plug? (I like to use a test tool like the one below, wife prefers it too, so she aint standing in a puddle of water with metal vice grips trying to ground it to the block)

If you swap a good plug and its plug wire to another cylinder will it fire there? Will the bad plug / wire fire in the before working cylinder, on that coil?

A lot of times guys blame grounds, each side of coils has its own ground and the PCM uses four on these PINS: 1 and 40 on each of the blue and red connectors

Check out the link here: Grounds Demystified

Did you thin out your own harness did you repin any wires? sorry if asked and answered

which 3 cylinders fire? what do they have in common? are they all Odd or all Even for example, since the PCM has an Odd coil and an Even side coil

what codes show up in the Scan Tool?

did you check your fuses? even if they look good to the eye just replace the ones for the Injectors and Coils for funzies
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 10-07-2019 at 09:53 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote