Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 11:41 PM   #343
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Got home today for fall break, and before I walked into the house, I jumped in the truck to see if she would awaken from her month long slumber. Happy to report that after turning over enough to build oil pressure and turn the dummy light off, gas finally got back to the carb and she fired right up. I wiped the cobwebs off and got started on the tasks I needed to get done.

First up was to pull the cluster and swap speedos again so that I can send off my best one to Tom and have it rebuilt. I'll send that out on Monday once I get back to Milledgeville. I put the junky one back in so that I can at least have the cluster look complete even though it doesn't work

After that, I turned my attention to fixing the lights on my tach. The lights went out over a year ago, but I finally took it apart to see if I could make it work again. The right LED would only work if it was pressed on, so I think something broke inside the little LED. I ended up trying to solder the attachment joints and that didn't make it work. What's the next best thing? Run some solder to jump the busted LED and boom, one side works again. I only need it to light up to 5k anyways because once I'm past that, I'll start floating valves.

When I put the new under dash wiring harness in a few years ago, I never hooked the trailer brake controller back up. Turns out it was real simple to do, so I hooked it back up and I think it still works. I don't have a trailer with brakes to test it out on though.

Once I get back to Milledgeville, I'll give her a much needed bath
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson

Last edited by cwcarpenter98; 10-11-2019 at 11:56 PM.
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote