View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 05:43 AM   #143
Wgesnerjr

Re: HP Tuners Tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
For those of you following along in the LS Swap planning stages, you can download the HP Tuners software for free from their website, it is legit not pirated and you can start practicing and following along what I am doing, you can read the tune files, you can make changes to them, you just can't write them to the PCM without buying the hardware / credits. Hope this helps.
Gregski,
Just so I`m getting this straight, I can go on the site, download the authentic software to my laptop. Then (without credits) I can practice on a test file from them or can I download a copy of my current tune and practice on it; just not writing it back to the pcm? Or do I need credits to copy my current program out to the laptop?

The reasons I ask: I have an old OBD II cable from my 95 Trans Am Gen II SBC. (95 was a change over year, OBD I PCM with OBD II plug) I used it with Tuner Cat software for that year. Very basic program and not user friendly compared to the HP Tuner; but got the job done. if the cable will work with HP Tuner, my buy in to start this had gone down considerably. No need to buy their Bluetooth hook up, just credits.
LS 5.3, 4L60E
Father/Daughter Project
Wgesnerjr is offline   Reply With Quote