View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #145
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: HP Tuners Tutorials

What guys do, what I've done, and what I suggest you guys give a shot, is go to the junkyard and buy a PCM ie computer off of a 1999-2007 (Silverado, Sierra, Suburban, Tahoe, Yuckon) vehicle it really does not matter which one, but try to match it to your truck a bit, so if you have a 2WD then get one out of a two wheel drive, if you have a 4x4 than grab one out of a four wheel drive, if you plan on doing an automatic get one from a 4L60e transmission car, or 4L80e type of thing, if you want a stick than try and find one out of a NV3500 or NV4500 (good luck finding those) hee hee.

Then keep the blue connector for the PCM and cut about 3 feet of cable with it, you will make your own "Bench Harness" using this. This will allow you to tune this PCM or any other PCM off the car outside of the truck in your living room, your home office, or on the work bench in the garage, ie that's why it's called the Bench Harness, ha ha also get one OBDII port with about a foot of wire with it, you will also need that.

I've included a link to a video on how to make one, this is Matt the Godfather of LS Swaps from Sloppy Mechanics you all should meet ha ha, 8-7-13 Stock computer bench flashing harness there are other videos that will come up so find one that works for you, I think I had to watch like three or four of them to see the different designs and flavors guys like to build / make, that's how all of this HP Tuners stuff works, there is no one 100% complete source you have to hunt and peck, this thread being no exception. frustrating at first, but it does get easier over time
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 10-16-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote