View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 10:20 PM   #138
vintovka

Re: 50 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

I'm finding doing the small stuff is now a challenge due to age. I also figure i better get it done while i still can. Tasks today included an annoying alternator belt squeal and a dead backup light. The Belt was really easy. Dumbass pothead mechanic used a belt that was 3" too long. grabbed a shorter one from my belt array and Volia!. Alt belt changes are super easy with no Fan blades in the way.

Second issue was the dead backup light. Only 1 year old and dead. Moisture got in. Bought a new set just like the front fog lights and rewired it all. Used soldered joints and shrink tube. Made some "L" brackets up and mounted lights off the back of the existing bumper bolts. Now "hella" bright and very necessary as eyes are going and there are no street light for 10 and 20 miles in our area.

FWIW i wanted to see how bring the existing front ones were. Going down a dark (pitch black) HWY all by my lonesome and switched the existing Halogen Headlights off and the leds on. WOW!! They are 10x brighter than my brights and can see 1000' feet ahead. That just created another project. Hooking these up so they come on with the regular brights.

These are good:

Nilight 60001F-B Bar 2PCS 18w 4" Flood Fog Road Boat Driving Led Work Light SUV Jeep Lamp,2 Years Warranty

These are bad:

Willpower 2Pcs 6 inch 18W Spot LED Work Light Lamp off Road High Power ATV Jeep 4x4 Tractor off Road Light Fog Driving Bar Rree Truck SUV Car

Some pics
Attached Images

vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote