View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #150
vintovka

Re: 50 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
for better lights try some led headlights. some better than others so check around. also, could you install/integrate a light bar near the front lic plate and make it look decent? some of those have a small curve built in so they shine wide as well as far. maybe what you are looking for? check the local regulations first, of course, because some are for off road use only.....
Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about the LED headlights but way too spendy. The cheapy leds are so bright I really don't even need the old halogens except for looks. As for looks, my current "light bar" is made from 2x2 steel angle bolted to frame and bumper and intended to look "HFS" (hell for stout) and does. Eventually was going to add a row of carriage bolts to it like faux boiler rivets.

As for regulations my immediate neighbors are the cops and they have more "illegal" mods (like leds ) on their trucks than can be imagined. Very few vehicle laws enforced here unless you have a non Oregon plate and then you are a cash cow. Heck even mufflers are considered an "optional accessory" and many are even ripping out catalytics.

My forward LEDS are only on with the normal brights so i can dim them manually for oncoming cars. Working on getting a sensor/system to do that automatically FWIW I think new cars with "projectors" may even be brighter than what i had.

Last edited by vintovka; 11-16-2019 at 01:41 AM.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote