View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: What emergency tools are you carrying in the truck?

He's not talking about off road here. He just mentioned that thread where he got the idea for this one.

In my '72 I don't have a thing but containers of fluids and a rag. Can't tell you why, but I drive that thing all over the place yet never thought to carry tools. I also recently removed the spare tire that had hung, locked w/o key, since I bought the truck in '01... old bias ply 16.5 hiway tread. I should put a little kit together.

In my work trucks I always had a utility body with a basic mechanical tool assortment, jumper cables, and gas if I was using the generator on a job. Now I have a portable box with wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers. This thread reminds me I should toss a ratchet set in there. I should have all that in a tub with tools I used to carry when I had the room.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote